Search Related Sites

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is God Always Superior to Jesus?

The Bible says that "the head of the Christ is God" in the same way that "the head of every man is the Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3)

Note what Jesus said:

"The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28)

“Father, if you wish, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place." (Luke 22:42)

"I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38)

"What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me." (John 7:16)

"Jesus went on to say to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing." (John 5:19)

"I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous, because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 5:30)

"For from God (note how Jesus phrases God as a separate person from himself) I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth." (John 8:42)

"Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mt. 24:36)

For more, see:
Is God Always Superior to Jesus?

Who Created Jesus?

Trinity Scripture Index

Search For Bible Truths - ARCHIVE 

Scriptures Index

Search For Bible Truths - Search Guide